Move Your Career Forward!
Founded in 1973, Kinetics is a full-service process and mechanical contractor specializing in the design and installation of process, mechanical, plumbing and HVAC systems. We have proven experience supporting global clients in the microelectronic, solar, biopharmaceutical, data center, R&D, and other technology-driven markets. Kinetics offers aggressive salary and benefits packages in addition to national and international career opportunities.
Project Manager- Lavonia, Georgia
The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the entire project, represent the company on the project, provide overall management direction for a project(s), may develop new business opportunities, perform to profit/expense objectives, meet needs of external/internal customers to achieve total customer satisfaction and perform any other job-related duties deemed necessary and/or assigned by supervisor.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the project, including but not limited to;
- Ensuring the safety, quality and all aspects involved with the construction of the project. Safety and quality are of prime importance to all projects. There are many other facets of the construction project which also are the ultimate responsibility of this position;
- Promoting customer satisfaction. Satisfying the customer is important to retain a broad base of repeat customer and maintain the reputation of our company. The project manager should instill this philosophy in all employees on the project;
- Obtaining all financial goals of the project. It is the project manager's responsibility to be successful in meeting or exceeding all the financial goals of the project determined at the beginning of the project. These include but are not limited to: financial forecasting, manpower forecasting, cash flow, direct job cost, invoicing, contract management, etc.;
- Providing for the administration of the project by determining the overall requirements for the administration of the project and planning accordingly to ensure that proper staff is obtained from within the company to accomplish this task;
- Communicating information internally to the craft employees and company, and externally to the customer. Communication is the key to all other activities involved in the project. Ensures that communication channels are open and information is flowing between the various segments required to perform the work, such as the craft employees that are performing the work and the customer. The Project Manager is the leader of all activities and personnel on the project site.
- Experience in Process Piping, Mechanical Process or Mechanical Systems Controls or related experience required
- Experience in Semiconductor, Bio- Pharma or Life Sciences construction or systems Controls highly desirable
- Must have basic knowledge of the mechanical construction business, including estimating, scheduling and cost control, change orders
- general knowledge of code requirements,
- Ability to read all aspects of blue-prints, appropriate legal documents (contracts, liens, etc.),
- Proven experience in:
Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to interface with many different types of people
- Basic understanding of addressing issues with cross functional disciplines within an organization.
- Candidates with a Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration Degree with 3 to 5 years of industry experience are preferred (e.g., a high school diploma and 5 years of experience in the mechanical contracting industry, to include management experience may substitute for a degree requirement.)