Project Manager of Tracking Special Inspection Projects
AK Engineering is a dynamic New York City-headquartered firm with an emphasis on special inspections and engineering consulting for mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) services. We are a growing organization looking to add a project manager to our team to manage and track all open special inspections jobs towards completion.
AK Engineering has developed a professional, but exciting and fun office culture that encourages team members to establish themselves as industry leaders while enjoying their jobs. Our office is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan, close to all modes of public transportation.
Providing engineering consulting and special inspection services within a wide scope of industries – ranging from financial, media, legal and retail to real estate management, hospitality and higher education – AK Engineering has continued to build impressive client and project rosters.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that has been recently founded, but well established within the construction industry.
Responsible for the coordination and close-out of all open projects (current and past), while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and creating personal goals for each inspector’s weekly timetables.
- Produces procedures to obtain an efficient system of monitoring and tracking all projects progress on a weekly basis
- Meets with all inspectors to review every job they’re assigned to, their current status and last follow up date. Makes sure every inspector is clear on overall objectives/timeline.
- Manages and tracks with a separate spreadsheet - all outdated projects’ progress/updates and ensures completion through coordination via continuous calls and communication to contractors, architects, engineers, clients and consultants.
- Keeps information accessible by keeping an updated spreadsheet for everyone to easily access; updating individual project progress/status, relevant schedule updates and each projects’ primary contacts up to date.
- Encourage and direct inspectors when further project follow ups were necessary and weren’t met, suggest different ideas to help communication with inspector and their project team.
- Creates new solutions to help inspectors daily procedures progress as future goals to work towards.
- Work closely with upper management to review all current inspectors progress and areas that need improvement. Ideas for improvement are always encouraged.
- For new hires – communicate all inspector expectations; planning, monitoring and job follow up procedures
We are seeking to build our team with a motivated individual that is outgoing, organized, pays strong attention to detail, has the ability to multi-task, all within a fast paced environment while keeping a positive attitude. Bachelor’s degree in construction management is preferred and 2-3 years experience in project management or operations management is required. Construction industry experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a resume through the job search website with a cover letter or introduction on why he/she is interested in the position.