Responsible for the mechanical engineering project management of a number of varying driveline systems/products including, but not limited to AWD/4WD systems, Transfer Cases, Differentials, Couplings and Power Transfer Units (PTU's). System integration of various mechatronic sub-systems. Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks. Manages activities concerned with Mechanical technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems. This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demonstrate fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary.
1. Lead cross-functional teams through a series of key milestones on multiple projects.
2. Develop a resource plan, with buy-in from multiple engineering disciplines and align appropriate talent to support activities required to successfully complete the project.
3. Responsible for tracking and managing all project changes, developing project presentations, advising management of project status, and managing and reporting all project costs.
4. Coordinate the efforts of the functional departments to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
5. Coordinate and lead engineering quotation activities from inception to approval.
6. Working directly with customers and internal teams to determine project timelines as well as any potential delays and initiate plans for alternative actions
7. Work with the customer to understand timing goals, define customer requirements, and manage tasks to achieve customer deliverables/specifications.
8. Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna's Charter and Constitution.
9. Follow Magna's Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
10. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
11. Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
12. Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
13. Health & Safety responsibilities:
* Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
* Report unsafe conditions immediately.
* Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
* Follow safety rules.
* Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
* Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
14. Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
15. Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
16. Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
17. Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
1. Bachelor's Degree required (3-5 additional years of related technical experience in addition to experience referenced above). Technical / Engineering Degree is preferred.
2. Strong product planning, development, and analytical skills.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills.
1. Minimum 5 years related work experience within Engineering. Experience in powertrain systems preferred.
2. 3+ years of driveline Project Management and/or product related experience is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
1. Business Acumen: Able to do own work in accordance with the organization's value proposition; understand how own actions impact profit margins; consider cots, revenue potential; and other factors in making spending decisions; comply with budget requirements; continually monitor trends and the competition relevant to own work.
2. Flexibility & Achieving Change: Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements; adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of internal and external clients; quickly recognize situations/conditions where change is needed; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous; support organizational change.
3. Planning & Organizing: Able to create detailed project plans; balance the need for adequate planning with the need for action; avoid wasting time on tasks that yield low value; use resources efficiently; create and monitor measures to chart the progress and impact of assignments.
4. Problem Solving & Analysis: Able to gather appropriate,often complex, data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action
5. Technical/Functional Expertise: Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the advances in field; regularly publish or present on leading-edge issues; conduct leading-edge research or similar work that has organization-wide impact; play a key role in advancements in profession.
Office environment; 20% Travel required. While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.