Metal fabrication and millwright company seeks to add a talented Project Manager to their team. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the daily supervision, coordination, and successful completion of assembly of metal construction projects at client sites. The PM will participate in the estimating and conceptual development of construction projects and oversee organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation of projects AT CLIENT SITES throughout the US. This position requires travel of up to 70% of the time ranging from a couple of days to three weeks at a time. Prior construction Project Management skills are preferred with knowledge of Project Management software to organize projects.
Will take project from start to finish -- from estimation thru project completion.
Company offers a well-rounded employment package including competitive wages, 401K, holiday, company car, and vacation time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, interpret job specifications, schedule work, manage foreman and subcontractors and ensure project is done safely and efficiently.
- Coordinate with Field Operations Manager, Shop Manager, and Engineer to develop a Project Schedule to include at a minimum, all construction tasks and their appropriate sequence, detailed equipment and manpower requirements associated with the scheduled tasks, and required material delivery dates from the companies fabrication shop and vendors.
- Monitor administrative activities for the project to include contract terms, subcontract agreements, insurance requirements, vendor submittals, safety records, recorded man hours and the delivery of time sheets to Accounting Department for processing payroll.
- Track project phases against project estimates and provide feedback for review and action.
- Possess a working knowledge of all projects plans, specifications, owner contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries, and the management of material and document submittals /approvals.
- Experience in managing large projects with deliverables.
- Experience in estimating large projects.
- Outstanding ability to create construction schedules and deliver on time.
- Experience reading and understanding drawings such as AutoCad.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Willingness to learn new industry standards and techniques to maximize efficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00