Odessa Technologies, Inc. is a lease management consulting company exclusively focused in the leasing industry. The company is headquartered in Philadelphia, USA with offices in Bangalore, India, and has a total staff of 400 employees. Since its incorporation in 1998, Odessa has emerged as a global leader in lease management software technologies; the company’s flagship suite LeaseWave comprises of over 120 configurable modules built entirely on the Microsoft.NET platform with a true Services Oriented Architecture.
While extremely professional, Odessa's culture is decidedly "un-corporate"; Odessa is very academically inclined and encourages creativity. The office environment is a blend of flexibility and structure to optimize independent thinking and accountability. Each individual plays a significant role in deciding the best course of action for a given task at hand, with guidance rather than supervision. Odessa instills and encourages a definite sense of pride and ownership in every task accomplished. The career-goals and the job requirements of each individual are customized to allow for optimum individual performance that supports the management goals of the organization.
The Project Manager, located in our Philadelphia office, is expected to be fully accountable for the planning, execution, and completion of all project activities, including the delegation of tasking, planning of the overall timeline and milestones, and delivering a project that is on-time and on-budget. The Project Manager has a solid understanding of what needs to get done and an ability to plan for the required resources at the appropriate times over the life of the project. The project manager will look to improve project success by leveraging information technologies, industry standards and our own blended approach to project management. The position is also responsible for developing strong business relationships with client partners and has an ability to successfully conceptualize and implement customized innovative solutions as well as leverage business opportunities.
- Project Management of medium to large IT development efforts generally lasting eight (8) to eighteen (18) months. Ability to manage all project aspects from Initiation to Closeout
- Actively participates in developing and maintaining PMO best practices, methodologies, templates, processes and policies
- Monitors and reports project status and other performance measurements weekly to key client and company stakeholders
- Develop work breakdown structures; prepare charts, graphs and diagrams to assist in analyzing progress and opportunities
- Prepare management plans and reports; coordinate schedules to facilitate completion of deliverables, presentations and formal Project Reviews
- Perform horizontal integration planning between core products and other functional systems
- Maintain consistent communication with the client before, during and after each project
- Identify and execute opportunities to generate revenue
- Understanding of entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) for each client installation and the associated complexities and dependencies, including data migration, system integrations and user testing
- Familiarity with web technologies (.NET, web services), server and operating environments, database and hardware terminology
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Business Administration or similar
- Understanding of Financial / Managerial accounting
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work in a challenging and rigorous environment
- 5 years’ experience in consulting or consulting-related job(s)
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects in an IT environment
- PMP certification, or ability to obtain PMP certification required
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage client expectations, articulate project goals and manage scope in accordance with company requirements and resource availability
- Ability to identify resource requirements and manage team schedules across multiple projects in different phases of execution
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team to accomplish goals by encouraging communication, resolving conflict and demonstrating leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, interacting effectively with project teams and clients, as well as being able to juggle the demands and scheduling needs of multiple clients at once
- Ability to identify potential project challenges and assess scheduling and cost impacts
- Ability to track and manage projects costs
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual, with demonstrated client relationship management abilities
- Ability to speak Spanish very helpful
- Travel approximately 20-30%.
- Traditional office environment with no unusual work conditions.
Odessa Technologies promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Occasionally walking or standing to perform functions
- Manual dexterity for computer work
- Speaking, hearing and vision are required to perform all essential functions
Odessa Technologies job descriptions are neither implied nor explicit employment agreements or contracts. The above description represents the essential functions of the position, requirements/qualifications, work conditions and physical demands at the time of the effective date, but any or all aspects of the description are subject to change at any time and without advance notice.