Join the leader in engineered Heavy Lift and Transport!
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety
SETTING IDEAS IN MOTION - At Barnhart we are in the business of assisting companies in moving and installing equipment of any size. Whether it's a lift of a few feet or a transport across the country, we set your vision in motion through an unparalleled network of resources and innovative engineering solutions that defy convention. If you can dream it, Barnhart can make it a reality.
Over 40 BRANCHES ACROSS THE U.S - The strongest network of rigging experts and equipment in the country. Barnhart's network includes a long list of "cool tools," including PSTe Goldhofer trailers, cranes from 18 to 1,800 tons, Strand-jacks, Cantilever beams, Hydraulic Gantries, Self tailing devices, Skidding Systems, and the Modular Lift
Employer of Choice – Barnhart has a strong culture of “One TEAM” and Minds over Matter. We strive to do the impossible lifting and transporting as “One TEAM”. We are looking for people that also are striving for excellence in their work and collaborating with our “One TEAM”. If you are looking for a culture that provides Compensation with Trust, Progress & Recognition, we could be your Employer of Choice.
The Project Manager will manage customer projects once awarded in regards to safety, schedule, profit and customer satisfaction. The Project Manager will work closely with project team to develop and maintain an overall project schedule. Show critical path items and anticipate problematic issues. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety plan is effectively communicated to the Superintendent.
- Provide oversight, evaluation and improvement of the efficiency of the project management team. The team is to adhere to the management principles as established by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Participate in customer site visits, proposal development and contract development/reviews to ensure complete understanding of scope, contractual obligations and risk of jobs.
- Work with Project Sales Representative before project development; take the project from sales through development into execution; maintain communication with Project Sales Representative over the course of the project, and document changes that affect the job scope, schedule, or budget agreement.
- Interact with customers, engineers, vendors, suppliers, and others throughout the design and planning phase of the project.
- Work closely with project team to develop and maintain an overall project schedule. Show critical path items and anticipate problematic issues. Responsible to foresee typical issues that historically challenge schedules, construction, and impact project costs. Identify these issues and work with project team to develop solutions to overcome potential problem areas.
- Responsible to regularly and accurately communicate the project status, including schedule, financial status, risk assessment, quality, safety and other key areas.
- Responsible for coordinating work crews and scheduling required equipment.
- Must be willing to travel as needed and be able to work with and manage field leadership.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program that pays for performance
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k), capped at 10% of Pay
- Company Vehicle
- Medical, Vacation and Holiday, Disability, Life Insurance and other additional personal and professional benefits are available.
Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience.
A working knowledge and understanding of engineering plans and specifications. Must be mechanically inclined with basic understanding of machinery, heavy construction and basic principles of industrial project flow. Basic math and geometry are necessary. Must demonstrate planning and leadership skills.
An understanding of construction contracts, Windows based software applications, and good time management skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP is preferred.