Job ID: 139521
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all activities on designated projects from the point of sale to completion to ensure that the projects are accomplished on time and in conformance with all the terms and conditions of the contracts. In addition, he/she will act as the main contact person for the customer and all vendors on a particular project. He/she is directly responsible for monitoring the project costs and compliance with contract documents, attending job meetings and protecting Oldcastle’s interest throughout the entire process. Additional responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Reviews sales proposals to ensure proper estimating and staffing requirements, time frames and subcontracting opportunities.
- Upon Project assignment, shares responsibility with the Salesperson to hold a Turnover/Kick Off meeting at the point of sale to ensure all needed information and paperwork are complete; that the scope of work is clear; review the estimate and confirm values for all items; and begins the process of scheduling the project.
- Prepare any applicable Change Order Proposals in a timely manner, whether owner/client/architect requested or by generation from Oldcastle.
- Monitors the progress and status of each assigned project as it moves through the process, and acts to problem solve proactively, offers technical advice, and assists other staff so as to expedite assigned projects, removes obstacles which may cause a project to fall behind schedule.
- Conducts site visits and works with the customer to ensure that all issues and needs which arise from the point of sale to completion of the project are resolved promptly, including but not limited to change orders, adjustments to schedule and collection activity as appropriate to each assigned project.
- Comfortable searching through Project Databases to find potential opportunities to quote.
- Purchasing and receiving the special items required for each order
- Managing the required submittals/approvals as required
- Communicate with the Transportation Manager on the initial delivery needs of the customer.
- Working with other project managers and the plant manager to manage the long term schedule in order to minimize conflicts with molds, labor, etc.
- 5+ years Project Management experience, ideally within the construction or precast concrete industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage several large to small, complex projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. *Civil Engineering preferred
- Ability to review and work from production schematics and engineering drawings
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.