JP Compass delivers design and construction excellence to the fine residential home. Our committed focus is on our client’s needs from concept to completion, guiding them through an exciting and distinct experience, marked by personalized design, clear execution and high-quality craftsmanship. We are currently in an extremely high period of growth and looking to add to our team of top performers.
We are seeking a qualified Project Manager to oversee large residential construction and renovation projects in the greater Cleveland area. Specific responsibilities include pre-construction preparation, creating and revising project schedules and project goals, ordering materials, site supervision and inspection, supervision of field staff, and initiation/application of all project related paperwork, and processes including customer selections and project change orders. The Project Manager directly reports directly to the Operations Manager.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum five (5) years of full-time experience in Construction/Project Management with increasing management and supervisory responsibility and experience.
- Hands-on experience in residential and commercial remodeling either as a Carpenter, Lead Carpenter, or other trades person.
- Customer service oriented attitude; willing to work with the customer to achieve their desired outcome and achieve their overall satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of commercial and residential construction methods, techniques, and systems, and Ohio Residential Code. Must have a working knowledge of building trades including plumbing, electrical, and HVAC, and know basic code requirements.
- Proven track record of producing remodeling jobs on schedule and within budgetary goals.
- Successful work history in companies with sophisticated systems. Is detail, process, and systems oriented; organized and uses a time management system; and understands the importance of follow thru & follow-up.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, and project management software. Experience in Builder Trend or similar preferred.
- Effective communication (non-verbal, verbal, and written), job coordination, supervisory, organization, and management skills. Excellent problem solving abilities, proven ability to be a multi-tasker and decision maker.
- Ability to interact and communicate appropriately with supervisor(s) and other management team members, the crew, subcontractors, and customers.
- Willingness to be a team player; learn, follow, and enforce company policies and standards; suggest innovations; work alone; embrace new duties and responsibilities; and to teach and mentor others.
- High performance relating to punctuality, loyalty, safety. Must be goal oriented, organized and detail oriented, and overall professionalism.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and clean driving record. Medical card, and Class II driver’s license preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate all labor, materials, and sub-contractors for projects in all phases of production.
- Represent the company for all project related items from job mobilization to close-out.
- Handle $1,500,000 to $2,500,000 annually in remodeling volume.
- Develop project schedules, plan materials, and purchase orders, ensuring work is within project scope.
- Schedule pre-construction customer and site visits for all jobs.
- Oversee the construction schedule and financials, and ensure project is completed within deadline and budget.
- Order all materials not provided by sub-contractors.
- Work with internal and external architectural, sales and design professionals.
- Manage budget cost variance and monitor gross margins.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis, ensuring their satisfaction throughout the process.
What you’ll get:
- Outstanding company culture.
- Continuous training opportunity.
- Compensation commensurate with experience, including performance based bonus.
- Exceptional benefits including medical, dental, 401(k) and short term disability.
- Schedule flexibility and autonomous work environment.