Title: Project Manager (Non IT) II
Duration: through 1/31/19
Work Location: Richfield, MN
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Drive creative delivery efforts for Marketing campaign and asset development by partnering directly with business teams, including but not limited to category marketing, brand planning, media, social, and creative.
- Oversee execution of projects end-to-end. Provide strategic input, proactively anticipate and manage issues/risks and recommend solution, document/communicate project details to hold others accountable, and conduct final project analysis. Ensure teams complete projects on time and within budget.
- Translate Briefs / Intake Forms into campaign roadmaps and actionable project plans. Demonstrate an understanding of organizational dynamics to effectively navigate the development of timelines that meet the needs of all project members.
- Set and vigilantly manage project expectations with internal and external cross-functional team members both at the peer-level and levels above and below, inclusive of understanding and enforcing roles, responsibilities, and contributions of project team members.
- Understand and assess the impact of change, adapt own work and guide the work of others to support and drive those changes.
- Think critically, balance multiple asks, articulate trade-offs for competing priorities, and appropriately identify and escalate issues to ensure delivery of world-class creative products.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to expertly align key team members and resources to deliver critical, time-sensitive work.
- Work collaboratively with Project Manager peers within the Creative Services team to consolidate work streams and drive efficiency and effectiveness on behalf of the organization.
- Facilitate key meetings, own agenda creation, and recap/distribute meeting notes/feedback/follow-ups.
- Create timelines and track via workflow tool to ensure deadlines are being met, dependencies are established, and risks are mitigated.
- Present and communicate ideas, build consensus, and effectively rationalize decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Lead third party vendor/agency engagement, evaluation, and execution of activities ranging from scope definition to delivery of final assets. Own Agency scope alignment, ensuring work/deliverables are consistent with agreements.
- Create reporting and analytics specific to work completed and in-progress and use data to create recommendations and influence continuous process improvement.
Process Development, Standardization, and Best Practices
- Play a central role in defining and activating strong project/resource management, establishing the Creative Services Project Management team as a true center or excellence within the Marketing team.
- Activate against an extensive understanding of project management methodologies (agile and waterfall). Capabilities required include development of timelines, work prioritization, cross-functional communication, integrated delivery schedules, budget estimating, cross-functional team collaboration, alignment, and reconciliation.
- Work collaboratively with project management peer group to deploy a standard and consistent approach to project management that delivers a predictable level of service to “clients” across teams; Regularly share best practices.
- Innovate and collaborate on process, methodology, and integration models. Recommend and implement process improvements and act as a change agent to champion new processes/tools within the organization.
Communication / Relationship Management
- Facilitate clear and consistent communication across the project team, and leadership when needed, including weekly team meetings and other ad-hoc meetings/discussions as needed to advance the work.
- Establish self as a trusted advisor and indispensable gatekeeper to getting work accomplished. Build and maintain relationships by engaging team to establish credibility, solve problems, and achieve objectives.
- Exhibit effective leadership, diplomatic, and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple teams within the organization.
- Demonstrate flexibility to equally balance deadlines and customer experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote positive team chemistry and ensure the team is having fun while being the best!
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
a. 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering, operations, or a related field
b. 8+ Years progressive Marketing or related experience
c. 4+ Years people or resource leadership and/or management experience (indirect or direct)
d. Retail and/or Agency experience
a. Familiarity with project management software
b. PMP Certification
c. Master's degree
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
MS Office Suite Skills (excel, pwpt, word, etc.)
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Advertising agency background
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Background working with creative teams (designers, writers, etc.)
Interview Process –date(s)/time(s) that are blocked on the manager’s calendar for interviews:
30 minute In-Person Interview
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.