Title: Project Manager
Duration: 2 Years
Location: St. Paul, MN
The Correctional Operations Management System (COMS) is composed of 80+ modules that collect and track data about the more than 16,000 offenders that are committed to the Commissioner of Corrections. COMS is critical to the Department of Corrections (DOC) day-to-day operations. In addition, COMS data is continuously shared with external stakeholders including other state agencies, law enforcement, counties, federal government and the public. Over 50% of COMS is being re-written to avoid technology obsolescence and comply with State security and accessibility requirements.
This position will concurrently lead multiple application development projects related to the modernization of COMS. Example projects include, but are not limited to, the modernization of the Case Worker Assignment module, the Education Curriculum Management module, or the Visiting module. Teams consists of 5-15 IT members comprising BA’s, .NET developers, SQL Server database developers, Quality Analysts as well as a varying number of business staff. Development process is iterative. Candidate will need to utilize strong leadership and people skills to create strong relationships with team members and to learn the business need, goals & objectives, scope, and risks of these projects.
All work must be completed on-site at: 1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 200, St. Paul, MN 55108
- Provide leadership for application development program/project
- Provide strategic vision and thinking with focus on outcomes
- Create clear and attainable project/program objectives
- Create clear and attainable project/program requirements
- Manage program/project constraints of cost, time and scope
- Form close links with team members and stakeholders
- Five (5) years’ experience in Program/Project Management role
- A Master’s degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate’s degree substitutes for one year.
- Two (2) engagements lasting more than twelve (12) months in Application Development Program/Project Manager role
- Demonstrable leadership ability
- Ability to direct & manage program/project development from beginning to end
- Ability to define program/project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders
- Ability to estimate program/project resource requirements and participants needed to achieve goals including changes during where necessary
- Ability to identify and manage program/project dependencies and critical path
- Ability to establish program/project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and tracking such milestones and deliverables
- Ability to manage changes in program/project scope, identify potential crises or issues, and devise contingency plans as appropriate
- Ability to communicate program/project plans, expectations, updates, progress, issues, and successes in a timely & clear fashion when necessary