RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Project Manager in San Antonio, Texas (TX). The main function of a Project Manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity
- Manage backup, security, and user help system
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- PMI or PMP certification preferred
- 8-10 years of experience required
- Strong knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
- Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.