- Proactively anticipate project roadblocks (i.e. technical issues), and work with the project oversight team to resolve such issues on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that engineering practices are up to the client's standards and in-line with project budget and overall project initiatives
Fast-growing, Los Angeles-based organization, well-known for their participation in civil/highway design and building infrastructure projects that influence and transform city growth and development through innovation, cutting edge technology, and top-tier talent.
- Create proposals and design-phase mock-ups for clients, using deep understanding and application of engineering principles
- Manage and oversee all engineering initiatives for the duration of each project
- Oversee quality management of the project through regular meetings and check-ins with project stakeholders.
- Lead discussions with field team members to inspire solutions and alternatives to improve quality management.
- Be able to move and manage a project through conception to completion.
- Schedule and implement weekly meetings with internal owners to ensure that project is on-track and under budget
- Ability to recognize non-compliance issues and resolve quickly
- Regular review of project documentation
- Speak about (and provide update on progress when applicable) ongoing projects with executive team at monthly meetings
- Experience as lead engineer, and ability to act as lead engineer when applicable
- Experience preparing roadway geometric design and preparation of plan & profile plans, typical sections, roadway cross sections, drainage plans, signing & marking plans, signalization plans, and maintenance of traffic plans; utility coordination; sub-consultant coordination; and staff supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management preferred
- A minimum of 10-15 years of previous transportation management experience
- Ability to maintain strong relationship with both owners and contractors, and be committed to representing the needs of the owner at all times
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer \(PE\) is preferred
- Proven success in leading and building engineering teams
- Extensive knowledge of Los Angeles
- Competitive base salary
- Health-care coverage
- Auto compensation
- Company-paid life insurance
- Flexible work schedules