Top Requirements for this position:
1) High proficiency with Microsoft Project – timeline creation and modification, scenario planning, creation of timeline graphics w/One Pager Pro add-on
2) Drug development knowledge – stages of drug development and knowledge of activities associated with various stages
3) Technical proficiency with Project Web App (PWA) and PowerPoint required, Box preferred
4) Ability to run/manage timeline meetings with teams and individual team members
The Project Planning Contractor provides project planning support to the Pharmaceutical Global R&D project planning group that is accountable for the generation and maintenance of high quality project schedules. This contractor role creates and maintains project schedules that enable effective planning and project delivery from initial research to launch including: candidate / indication, IND, clinical studies, regulatory submission, launch planning levels. This contract role supports project planning discipline within Research and Development to achieve excellence in overall operational delivery.
- Closely support project managers on one or more projects with planning, budget tracking, meeting management, SharePoint site administration, and general project support.
- Collaborate with project teams and functional lines to build and maintain accurate R&D project schedules that are both aggressive and realistic, to minimize cycle time and increase opportunity to deliver on plan and on budget. Ensure currency of the integrated project schedule, in both detailed team views and high level management views.
- Drive project budget forecasting to ensure actual to forecasted spend is maintained within acceptable margins. Work with teams to adjust forecasts as needed.
- Directly contribute to scenario planning by building schedules, and modeling the impact of multiple options.
- Contribute to the analysis of resource management data for assigned project(s).
- Create, maintain, assess, and challenge plans cross-functionally within the overall project plan.
- Lead comprehensive critical path analysis, simulation, and other methodologies that enable effective strategic and operational planning for assigned project(s).
- Assess project performance through evaluation of variance to the baselined development plan, schedule, and resource demand to determine their impact on programs. Identify areas of concern to proactively implement corrective actions.
- Generate and interpret reports on project performance and demand forecasting to support effective planning and operational execution within the team.
- Work closely with Project Managers and project teams to ensure accurate and timely controls to support project delivery and goal achievement.
- Drive quality and consistency of the information in plans (dates and plan attributes) to support accurate project and portfolio level reporting. Partner with Project Managers to ensure that the program information is accurate and up-to-date in planning and reporting systems.
- Ensure that schedules conform to global standards and key milestones are coded correctly to support accurate analysis and reporting.
- Previous Pharmaceutical industry drug development experience required
- At least 1yr of experience within one or more technical role(s) in pharmaceutical drug development, biotechnology, medical device, or related industry.
- At least 1 year of previous project planning, business analysis, or related experience.
- Knowledge of the drug development process, biologics pathway and delivery paradigm
- Technical proficiency in the use of project planning and forecasting tools and systems (Microsoft Project) is required
- Good Computer skills (Office, SharePoint, Web applications)
- Expertise in scheduling.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
- Ideally a self-starter, who is capable of working independently
- Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific discipline
- Project management training preferred