Job Description: Project Superintendent for Design-Build Services
Reporting to: Project Manager
Supervises: Assistant Superintendent, Project Coordinators and Vendors
· Weekly Toolbox Meeting
· Weekly Project Coordination Meeting
· Monthly Superintendent Reporting/Coordination Meeting
· Daily Report
· Coordinate, produce and distribute a weekly 30 day look-ahead area for all active areas
· Site Safety Evaluations
· Extra work authorizations properly vetted and challenged
· Pre-install meeting agenda and minutes
· Unparalleled customer service
· Project Startup
· Field Coordination and Subcontractor Management
· Look-ahead Scheduling
· Quality Assurance and Quality Control
· Authorities with Jurisdiction responsibilities
Detail of Responsibilities:
· Implement and maintain THRE job safety progam
· Conduct and document safety and project orientation to all potential workers on site.
· Set up weekly safety meetings for subcontractors and report meeting.
· Maintain heightened level of awareness of trades work habits and address concerns daily.
THRE – Confidentail Version 2.0 [2018-01-02]
· Insure that Development prepares paperwork, request checks, delivers Permit
applications to City and picks up when complete
· Mobilize job and setup project office with heat and air conditioning
· Provide required project utilities for temporary use
· Monitor and maintain small tool inventory
Field Coordination and Subcontractor Management
· Represent the Owner’s, the Architect ’s and the Engineer’s
policies, plans and specifications interpretations to the Subcontractors.
· Conduct coordination meetings and document action items
· Confirm Subcontractors of change orders work is complete before approving pay applications
· Complete project to the satisfaction of all parties involved on time and in a profitable
· Order all supplies needed in conjunction with the renovation to maintain schedule of work
· Assure all Subcontractors preserve the privacy and property of all Tenant spaces
· Maintain communications with Management to be kept informed on schedules, changes
· Assure the subcontractors are properly staff and trained
· Verify layout of all work
· Coordinate efficient material handling practices with each subcontractor before major deliveries
· Meet with Subcontractors regarding scheduling and discuss their plans to meet their contractual
· Plan and organize sequencing of work for Project’s success
· Provide consistent, coordinated and detailed 30-day look-ahead schedules
Authorities with Jurisdiction Relationships
· Forecast and manage permitting and inspections
· Knowledge of local ordinances and codes
· Foster relationship with officials and inspectors
· Conduct pre-installation meetings witheach trade before work commences.
· Conduct regular observations and documet trade performance and address deficiencies.
· Develop and distribute all punchlist to required parties
· Maintain and share deficinecy log with project team
· Warranty items - first response within 72 hours of notification. Schedule work to be
complete within three days or provide written explanation to Management office.