Location: Naples, FL, US
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Currently, Broadspectrum North America is rebranding to Ferrovial Services North America; both names may be visible during our rebranding process.
Job Title: Project Superintendent
Reports to: Project Manager
The Superintendent plans and ensures the operations, coordination, and overall site supervision of the project. Quality of work and materials must be upheld and meet the requirements of the project plans/ specifications and the budget followed as planned. The superintendent monitors the sub-contractors progress and confirms implementation of the design plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the Contract maintenance requirements and plan staffing levels to address all obligations efficiently and effectively;
- Assist the Project Manager / Engineer to Identify and recruit suitably skilled and dedicated maintenance personnel;
- Assist the Project Manager / Engineer to develop the planned and major maintenance schedules and maintenance budgets with the direction of leadership
- Participate and work with technical resources to ensure the company Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is correctly configured and loaded with the correct information to support the maintenance program and Contractual requirements;
- Support the Project Manager / Engineer ensuring training is delivered to all relevant maintenance personnel in accordance with the Training Plan in order to support Operations.
- Assist the Project Engineer in providing overall supervision and day to day direction of Ferrovial Services Infrastructure personnel and sub-contractors involved in inspection, repair and maintenance activities and programs;
- In conjunction with the Project Manager / Engineer plan, prioritize and coordinate work task execution with the goal of continually improving safety, quality and productivity;
- Ensure that work orders are completed in accordance with work procedures and that accurate and detailed asset data is documented within the specified timeframe;
- Assist contractors and technical maintenance staff in diagnosing causes of problems and helping to develop solutions;
- Work with the Project Manager / Engineer to procure and manage the inventory of materials, spare parts and equipment to allow completion of corrective maintenance within the time frames specified in the contract;
- Review and approve timesheets for Ferrovial maintenance and labor hire staff ensuring detailed and accurate recording of time;
- Manage the maintenance team (i.e. maintenance highway technicians) including the management of recruitment, training, cross skilling, conditions of employment, performance reviews and disciplinary processes, and ongoing development
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify inefficient practices and develop best practice solutions.
- An ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
- High level of attention to detail, initiative, problem solving, personal organizational and leadership skills.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong strategic thinking.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (required).
- Three years work experience in construction and/or road maintenance industry (preferred); prior experience in a leadership/supervisory role (highly preferred).
- Valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record (required) DOT certifications (highly desired).
It is an expectation that you will inform your manager of an application, if you have been in your current position for less than 12 months, please seek their permission prior to applying (internal applicants only).
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
Nearest Major Market: Naples
Job Segment: Construction, Inspector, Project Engineer, Contract Manager, Engineering, Quality, Legal