Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a mid to large commercial property portfolio in a manner that is consistent with the overall strategic plan for each property. Accountable for all business, financial, and management aspects of the assigned properties including preparing, implementing and adhering to the approved strategic plan, a budget for the property, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants or occupants, and supervising the day-today activities of the building staff as well as contract services.
- Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the property. Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the client's overall objectives.
- In conjunction with senior accounting staff, prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and leasing activity reports for the client.
- Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
- Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
- Has primary responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
- Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance reporting; review real estate tax assessments; and file required municipal reports.
- Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships, at all times, with tenants and occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and agreements. Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements effective tenant retention programs.
- Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of building maintenance staff for the property to promote efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Participates in the negotiation of service contracts with outside vendors to achieve the highest levels of performance at the best cost.
- Performs other related duties as requested by superiors.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a four-year college degree with CPM/RPA designation desired.
- A minimum of 3 years working in real estate with property management;
- Hands-on experience with tenant improvement construction projects preferred; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience directly supervising and managing a staff including experience in planning and assigning work, performance assessments, training, hiring, discipline, and development.
- Strong literacy in MS Word, Excel, and Management CRM software (eg. Yardi, Building Engines).
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Strong customer service/tenant relation skill required.
- Excellent technical facility skills (HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing etc.)
- Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis)