Macerich (NYSE: MAC) is seeking qualified canidates to join the Property Management team as a Proporty Manager for three distinct assests in the Mid-West. The Manager, Property Management’s primary role is to lead the property team to exemplify the Macerich values and to achieve the stated business metrics and critical goals. To that end, the Manager develops and focuses each discipline of the team, unleashes their potential, and establishes a culture of excellence to ensure that the company’s objectives are met or exceeded. The Manager provides focus for each of these disciplines to achieve the highest net income while ensuring the long-term sustainability and value of the property asset. This position has the responsibility to manage three Macerich assets: Southridge (Des Moines), NorthPark (Davenport) and SouthPark (Moline) Malls.
Serve as a leader within the property team. Educates, communicates and mentors at all levels.
Build into all goals and programs measurable objectives that evaluate property KPIs, return on investment and bottom-line profitability to our shareholders.
Coordinates with Leasing, Business Development and Shared Services in the preparation and continuous evaluation of the property forecast. Take the lead in working closely with all parties to promptly address any significant forecast variances.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of municipal processes and organization in order to ensure compliance with codes, permits, and new programs.
Foster strong working relationships with law enforcement, city departments and appropriate community organizations.
Maintain strong relationships with local businesses, government departments, and community organizations. Participate in bi-annual community audits and utilize results to center-specific events and partnerships that align with the Macerich brand. Understand all REA obligations and partnerships with adjacent property owners throughout the general area.
Understand all department store/major tenant issues.
Consistently follow procedures relating to late charges, letters of default, tenant inquiries and tenant deliverables & correspondence.
Ensures that Tenant Coordination supplies open/close forms and D.O.P. letters and communicate changes in tenancy status in a timely manner.
Perform analytical review and approval of rent roll and sales reports.
Perform analytical review of sales report and completion of sales variance report.
Develop long-range expense planning strategy and makes recommendations for long-term capital expenditures.
Implement purchase order procedures or obtains required approvals.
Review and approve annual expense reconciliations and impounds.
Supervise, support, and focus the Operations Manager and contracted security provider in their roles to ensure a safe and pleasant shopping environment and preservation of the center’s physical assets.
Ensure performance of security, housekeeping and maintenance contractors, as well as other key partners, meets company expectations.
Monitor monthly financial statements; manages expense variances.
- Plan and execute approved capital improvement projects in coordination with Senior Operations
- Establish and implement a property-specific Energy Management Program.
- Ensure adherence to proper gift card sales and cash handling procedures
- Analyze incident reports, assessing risk, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitate a strong partnership between Security, Guest Services, Marketing, Leasing and Business
- Establish and maintain positive alliances with retailers and understands their business in order
to maximize sales productivity and success.
- Provide support to Leasing and Business Development, coordinating to ensure that the correct balance
between income generation and merchandise mix is achieved for the center’s short and long-term benefit. Assists in the creation of the center’s merchandising plan and approve and execute Business Development agreements.
- Manage the lease administration process from proposal through rent commencement.
- Conduct property tours with prospective tenants, investors, and guests.
- Supervise and coordinate all communication between the Legal department and the property.
- Coordinate with Legal and Operations Manager on payout of construction allowances and tenant
- Manage relationships between the Tenant Coordination and Real Estate departments and the property,
customer, contractor, community, and city departments.
- Work closely with Development personnel for all major projects.
- Assist the Development department in working with city officials to gain approvals from the City
Planning and Building department for all major projects.
- Recruit and retain talented new employees. Find creative and engaging ways to utilize employees’
- Work with Human Resources to ensure labor requirements are met at the property.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years of property management experience preferred.
- Four year degree from an accredited College or University.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate including high proficiency in finance, leasing, asset management,
tenant relations, and construction.