Effectively manage, market and maintain the apartment community, its residents and staff, meet the financial objectives of the owner and management company and comply with all applicable regulatory standards and requirements. Responsible for managing the operations up to 300 units property.
- Monitors property budget performance and prepares and/or reviews monthly variance reports and reforecasts.
- Works with senior management to resolve financial issues. Conducts monthly financial reviews.
- Collaborates with senior management to establish appropriate rent levels.
- Reviews rent schedules, scheduled rent increases, and renewals.
- Tracks property tax reassessments, tax bill issuance, and the accuracy of the property tax rates.
- Works with Superintendents to implement all maintenance programs and controls to ensure that expenses are kept within budget.
- Oversees maintenance policies, plans, and procedures, including work order systems, purchase order systems, bidding requirements, preventive maintenance, inventory control, and turnover procedures.
- Conducts regular meetings with maintenance staff.
- Complies with Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies, including federal, state, and local governing agency requirements.
- Responds to all client inquiries or concerns as soon as possible-but no later than 24 hours after receipt.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in property management
- On-Site experience with affordable housing portfolios at least 300 units in size
- LIHTC, HOME, Rent Stabilization experience required
- Tenant-Based Section 8 through NYCHA and HPD
- Microsoft Office Suite; Yardi experience a plus.
- Certifications/Licensure – CAM/CPM a plus.