Since our founding in 1945, Millie and Severson General Contractors has become a leader in commercial construction in California, specializing in office, industrial, healthcare, cultural and educational projects. We have completed more than 4,000 projects and are proud to build award-winning hospitals, residence halls, offices, school campuses and other projects for the built environment. We are an ENR Top 400 General Contractor (#218 in 2018). Millie and Severson's mission is to develop lasting relationships by consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Those lasting relationships have allowed us to grow our business at 35% a year for the past few years. We are currently expanding our staff to prepare for continued future growth. As an employee-owned company, we value our employees’ time and recognize that there is a work/life balance that needs to be achieved by both the company and our people. Proof of our ability to achieve that balance is reflected in the fact that many of our employees stay with the company their entire careers.
Being a midsize company, all of our employees have direct access to senior management. We value our employees’ input regarding how we do business and expect them to be engaged in making us a better company. If you want to make a difference in the company you work for and are looking for your next career opportunity, Millie and Severson General Contractors is the place for you.
The Proposal/Business Development Coordinator will work with the business development team to coordinate the firm’s response to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and for interview preparation. Additionally the position will support business development efforts in the form of conducting research and writing reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review RFQs and RFPs in detail and develop comprehensive compliance/responsibility checklists to establish assignments and track progress of all required content.
- Work with project-specific teams comprised of individuals from construction, estimating, preconstruction, marketing, and other disciplines to deliver high-quality submittals.
- Facilitate and support various proposal and strategy meetings in conjunction with the Business Development lead and Estimator, including kickoffs, reviews, and other regular meetings.
- Establish key pursuit strategies alongside Business Development lead and project-specific team members from estimating, preconstruction, construction, finance and marketing.
- Coordinate with company staff, conduct research, and interview project personnel to fully develop project descriptions and resumes for each SOQ and proposal.
- Write and edit proposal narratives with input from technical experts and other managers to verify technical accuracy and incorporate key messages consistent with project goals.
- Ensure submittals are in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Prepare presentations and other information for interviews.
- Coordinate the assembly of legal, financial, and surety/insurance information with various corporate departments.
- Produce electronic and hard copy final submittals for submission and for proposal library.
- Manage content library of past proposal documents, resumes of key staff.
- Conduct research on target prospects and industry sectors, as directed by SVP, Business Development.
- Other duties and special projects as required.
Education and Skill Requirements
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, English or Communications, and three to five years of position-related experience;
- Proven experience in a similar role as proposal coordinator in a professional services industry (construction, architecture, engineering or commercial real estate).
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of processes and procedures and resolution of standard and non-standard issues; must be both creative and analytical;
- Efficient, self-motivated, uses time and other resources effectively; helps others, follows instructions, policies and procedures and is thorough; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative;
- Ability to coordinate work on multiple facets of a project while working under multiple deadlines;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Acrobat) is required. Capability to create graphics a plus.
- Ability to lead the coordination of SOQs/Proposals independently with little oversight.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, proofreading, writing, editing, and formatting skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to lead processes and work with colleagues who have diverse interpersonal styles.
Regular contact with department, company, and client personnel.
Millie and Severson is an Employee Owned Company and we offer comprehensive benefits including ESSOP and 401K plan, plus medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, educational assistance and more. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals Only. Please, no phone calls about this job!