Altamira is a top open-source technology company that brings a commercial mindset to solving the most complex national security problems by delivering mission application development, multi-intelligence analysis, and data science technologies and solutions to the defense, intelligence, and homeland security communities. Altamira’s culture of innovation and excellence, and mid-market-size, positions us as the premier next generation leader bringing technology solutions to mission. Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Altamira has an immediate opportunity for a Proposal Manager who will be responsible for managing the full proposal process to develop written proposals for federal and state clients in accordance with Shipley and Altamira standard processes and templates. The person selected for this role will be an experienced proposal/capture manager with extensive IDIQ and RFP response experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the full proposal process to develop written proposals in accordance with Shipley and Altamira standard processes and templates
- Act as the single point of contact for proposal team members
- Apply best practices to ensure that proposal submissions are compliant with the RFP instructions and delivered on time
- Produce and perform rigorous quality assurance on both draft and final products
- Work with the response team to determine author assignments and integrate win strategy, themes, and discriminators into proposal as the framework of the response
- Support capture team activities to gain an appropriate understanding of the sales strategy and how it clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiators against our competition
- Lead and drive proposal strategy meetings to discuss themes, discriminators, solution, etc.
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts to capture information necessary to respond to RFP requirements
- Provide insight, leadership, and work guidance to authors on all proposal content
- Contribute to and manage proposal content
- Develop the overall proposal schedule, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal development plan, and writing assignments
- Lead activities required to successfully perform Pink, Red, and Gold Team proposal reviews
- Ensure the formatting and layout of the proposal volumes are compliant with the solicitation
- Coordinate activities involved in the development of Final Proposal Revisions (FPR)
- Ensure high-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal
- Conduct proposal lessons learned and document and implement actions to improve overall process
- Support other business development, operational, and corporate initiatives such as creating white papers; supporting market surveys; participating in strategy and information sessions; working with the sales team to develop presentation materials
- 10-15 years of proposal development experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing), English, Communications, or a related field
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Ability and experience to conceptualize a total proposal solution and the information needed to support the solution, and then manage solution development at the detail level
- Strong experience with analyzing RFP requirements; assisting teams with solutioning; identifying discriminators and developing themes; organizing resources; developing and managing schedules; and conducting proposal reviews
- Ability to review and edit proposal content to ensure compliancy, clarity, and incorporation of win strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Strong desktop publishing, formatting, and editing skills desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate tasks and objectives to all members of the proposal team
- Experience with anticipating and resolving proposal challenges and issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines
APMP Practitioner- or Foundation-level certification desired