My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Protein Chemistry Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Cambridge, MA. Details for the position are as follows:
- We are searching for a Scientist to work on protein purification in the Protein Sciences department within the Immuno-Oncology Research organization. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join the protein purification team.
- The primary responsibility of this position will be the purification of recombinant proteins and antibodies to supply the reagents and therapeutic candidates in drug discovery and development research.
- The position is an integral part of the protein reagent sourcing team. The successful candidate will work independently at the bench to purify and characterize various protein reagents.
- The candidates will work closely with colleagues in protein expression, analytical team, and Immuno-Oncology research teams to plan and prioritize purification activities.
- The candidate is also expected to manage the protein reagent inventory to ensure steady supply of critical reagents.
- BS or MS degree in Biochemistry or related discipline, and at least three years of hands-on experiences in purifying recombinant proteins of various natures.
- A successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is knowledgeable in protein chemistry, and can execute protein purification with affinity, size exclusion, and ion exchange chromatography using AKTA systems.
- Perform protein analysis and characterization including SDS-PAGE, HPLC, and western blot.
- Expertise on AKTA programming and prior antibody purification experience with approach of high throughput protein or antibody purification is highly desirable.