The Psychiatrist-Behavioral Health and Addictions Physician Supervisor provides addiction, mental health and primary care, including routine mental health maintenance, management of chronic conditions, and management of acute illness. The Physician determines the nature and extent of underlying medical and behavioral health conditions and forms a treatment plan/management strategy.
The Physician provides Office Based Outpatient Treatment (OBAT) of opioid and other addiction services to a variety of patients with substance use or addiction disorders. Duties include assessment, induction, and routine maintenance of addiction medications and outpatient management of ongoing treatment, providing appropriate referrals and working with Program Nurse and Case Manager for Controlled Substances, Wellness Nurse Care Managers, Behavioral Health providers and PCP's to assure the optimal treatment of substance abuse, addicted and behavioral health patients, providing timely and expert care to patients with mental health diagnoses and acute drug or other related addictions. The physician will work in collaboration with the medical director to implement processes in accordance with TJC, DPH and OSHA compliance standards; managing and developing workforce of OBAT care providers, primary care providers managing depression and anxiety management and communicating with and advising PCP providers regarding their Addiction and Behavioral Health patients.
• Co-lead multidisciplinary team managing high risk patients with Medical Directors, OBAT team and Behavioral Health to improve outcome of medically complex patients.
• Coordinate care with therapists, Client Services, Complex Care RN, Psych RN and Psych NP.
• Treat and direct treatment of patients utilizing various medical, psychotherapeutic interventions, psychopharmacology, and OBAT interventions.
• Consult with outside agencies, referral services and other professionals as the need arises.
• Assess appropriateness of referrals for partial hospital, detox and as able, coordinate transfer to higher level of care or more appropriately directed care for special cases.
• Supervision of newly waivered OBAT providers, psychiatric case conference (therapists and care managers) and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in collaboration with Medical Directors.
• Board certified Psychiatrist with required experience in Addiction Medicine, SAMHSA waivered to at least 100 patients within year 1.
• Current MD License, X-DEA, MCSR and CPR Certified.
• Psychiatrist with experience in addiction medicine, integrated health care teams and interest in Community Health populations preferred.
Harbor Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
For more info, call 617-533-2342.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays