Job ID: 137837
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
The Public Relations/Marketing role will support the overall communications strategy for Pennsy Supply, Inc. A CRH COMPANY focused primarily on internal and external company communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times as well as, maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain, manage, develop and publish company communications resources, including websites, magazines, employee communications, internal town hall meetings, videos, and company publications that help promote employee engagement and build the various brand images in our industry and communities.
- Write articles, memos, papers, press releases, and other communication media.
- Manage communication projects independently that keep key internal constituent informed and involved.
- Develop meaningful reports for executives on communication utilization and effectiveness.
- Support the company communications program and team by ensuring alignment with marketing, communications, community relations, and public relations efforts throughout the organization.
- Develop and execute mobile/social media strategy including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Assist Sales Team with development of new marketing campaigns and communicating to customers, employees, and the public.
- Manage and build in house photo library.
- Assist in securing company awards with various organizations such as NAPA, PAPA, NRMCA, PACA, etc.
- Assist Political Action Committee with solicitation of donations, scheduling of political tours and events, and communication to all employees of political activities.
- Represent company at association meetings.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Develop meaningful long term relationships with communities in which we operate.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a strict attention to detail.
- Must be detail oriented and thorough in all job responsibilities.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must have a reliable source or transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field 5+ years of experience writing, editing, designing, administering, and supporting communications initiatives in a large corporate environment.
- Candidates will be required to submit writing/portfolio samples.
- Photography related skills.
- Ability to maintain a website and manage vendor relationships for a large organization.
- Experience writing/publishing a company newsletter and utilizing social media.
- Experience in design and preparation of presentations and other media.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.