Independent Institute produces and publishes 6-8 award-winning academic books per year, as well as a quarterly journal, policy reports, etc. We are currently seeking a Publications Project Manager to work in our Oakland headquarters to provide production and editorial support and manage the detailed aspects of producing publications and marketing collateral.
The Publications Project Manager works directly with our Publications Director and other departments, authors, and outside partners to prepare and produce high quality digital and print publications, periodicals, collateral, and digital assets. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated with experience in digital and print production.
- Coordinate production administration with departments, authors, and vendors; maintain quality and cost control and order and delivery schedules; and input and properly document changes during the production process.
- Provide editorial assistance on projects leading to publication including proofreading, copyediting, fact-checking, copyright submissions, and permissions.
- Provide basic design, layout, and production support of marketing, fundraising and event-related projects as assigned.
- Work within the organization to explore and define design solutions in support of the brand.
- Provide digital assets and solutions for web, email and social media use and distribution.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 5 years of print and digital production experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills with keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects under tight deadlines, work independently, and maintain good author/vendor relationships.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat).
- Familiarity with print production processes, Mac OS X applications, and MS Office (Word and Excel).
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé, and samples of work