Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: West Allis, WI, US
Location details: N/A
Employment type: Undefined term
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Purchasing Administrator
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
- Source and purchase needed parts, materials, equipment and supplies from both internal and external suppliers to support Frontline Service.
- Efficiently and accurately process Purchase Requests from the Service Branches into SAP Purchase Orders ensuring timely handling.
- Monitor and expedite purchase orders, as required, to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Utilize suppliers based on the Preferred and Approved Vendor list.
- Evaluate effectiveness of suppliers in terms of (1) on time delivery performance (2) consistent quality, and (3) pricing. Collect feedback from branches, consolidate and provide feedback to Purchasing regarding suppliers considering these factors. Work with Purchasing to identify and set up new sources, when required.
- Communicate supplier shipping dates with the business units and any adjustment to established shipping dates, as soon as possible, in advance of expected delivery date.
- Work directly with internal and external vendors on inquiries of availability, pricing, delivery times, and the status of orders.
- Prepare various reports, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Logistics or Procurement a plus. Post-secondary education preferred. Knowledge of basic accounting and office administration principles required.
EXPERIENCE: ERP system knowledge desired, experience with SAP is preferred. Must have a passion for customer service, and a willingness to go the extra mile to help customers in their time of need. Ability to thrive in a team structured, fast paced, and multitasking work environment.
REQUIREMENTS: Strong written and verbal communication skills needed. Proficient Microsoft Excel and Word experience required.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement