Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 100 countries. Rapidly approaching 1 billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar industry leading global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Purchasing Assistant provides administrative support to the FF&E Buyers with expediting orders, follow up and invoice reconciliation. Provides back up as needed to FF&E Buyers and Director, Sales and assist Project teams with new construction and renovation projects, upon request.
- Expedite FF&E Purchase Orders (POs) and/or change orders to insure vendor receipt and delivery is within requested lead time. Confirm acknowledgments sent back from Vendors.
- Prepare Expediting Report and send to Vendor to obtain updated ETA's on open POs. Update POs with correct ETAs, if necessary. Follow up and verify shipment date and regularly communicate updates or delays to Buyers and TMs.
- Review Expediting Report to make sure all invoices are matched correctly and if not, request late or missing invoices from Vendors or work with Account Payable Department to resolve any discrepancies. Inform Buyers of any invoice issues.
- Assist FF&E Project teams as directed by Senior Project Manager with design specifications, requests for pricing and general administrative duties for new construction and renovation projects.
- Respond to Sales requests for shipment information on open orders and other requests for information from Vendors.
- Answer inquiries from Customer Service, Vendors, Buyers and Territory Managers regarding ETA's, back orders and price quotes.
- Assist FF&E Buyers with PeopleSoft maintenance relating to item number set-up and pricing changes.
- Serve as back up for Buyers during absences/ PTO time.
- 2-4 years' experience in purchasing preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Familiarity with PeopleSoft ERP a plus
- High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.