Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Purchasing Manager to work at either our Granite City, IL or Bloomington, IL office.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Purchasing Agent and Purchasing Assistant to ensure compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures. Oversee staff training.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Develop a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service.
- Responsible for all aspects of sourcing, quoting, negotiating, vendor selection and vendor performance. Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Design, implement, manage and monitor purchasing systems to meet company requirements.
- Ensure effective communication between the Purchasing Department and other Chestnut departments regarding all purchasing issues.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Ensure that Chestnut’s purchasing policies, procedures and practices are current and reflective of best industry practices. Ensure purchasing policies and procedures are communicated to all employees and administered consistently.
- Track purchasing activity and measurements in order to show cost reductions.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field with three (3) to five (5) years’ demonstrated exempt level purchasing experience (i.e., policy and procedure development, negotiation, vendor selection, etc.).
- Position requires one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
Intermediate skills using Microsoft Outlook and Word and advanced experience with Excel required.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical and negotiation skills and be detail oriented.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable and able to travel between regions, agency locations and local vendors.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) designation and/or Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM) designation preferred but not required.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled