One of our clients located in Stanford, CA is looking for a full time Purchasing manager who has managed large operations for many years. If you are interested in my full time opportunity. Please send me a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
Manage the entire procure-to-pay process related to requests for goods and services, including company’s sourcing operations, processing, customer service and the direct the payment support unit. We need someone who’s managed a large purchasing operation for many years (This is not for a small purchasing operation)
- Management (at least 5 years management experience) - this means people, operations and organizational.
- Variety of industries worked
- Experience with both Direct and Indirect spend for Corporate environments
It would be a plus if you worked for a company like Amazon Corporate or Pharma Corporate environments might be a good fit. Must be able to manage a team of 5 to 7 employees.
- Supervise employees; coach, counsel, and advise supervisory and clerical support staff; provide training and development for the staff.
- Manage University-wide processing of purchasing and accounts payable transactions, travel and entertainment expense reporting processing, and audit and policy compliance.
- Implement operating standards, policies, and procedures to ensure the integrity of the financial data and maximize cash flow through controlled disbursement of funds.
- Manage and coordinate workflow for entry into purchasing system for requisitions, purchase orders, and payment. Identify and communicate systems issues; manage setup of new items and suppliers.
- Monitor and improve performance of the processing group; collect, analyze, and report operating benchmarks and other performance measures, driving for continuous improvement in all aspects of the process. Implement industry best practices and automate manual processes to continually reduce operating costs.
- Develop and document processes and procedures to ensure compliance with internal control and regulatory requirements.
- Provide operational insight into the development of procurement systems and processes, based on extensive knowledge of the procurement business process.
- Participate in projects related to procurement reengineering and/or support system enhancements and upgrades. Direct efforts of project team or assigned staff within section of complex project.
- Oversee customer service support, problem resolution, inquiry responses, special handling and non-supplier based invoicing and quality control
- Coordinate with project conversion team during process of new affiliate purchase; develop consolidation tasks; manage assignments and direct sourcing training for new employees.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five of experience in an operations environment, two years of supervisory experience, and customer service experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project management experience, preferred.
- Relevant source-to-pay systems experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.