Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware, and equipment to be a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data, and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments, and individuals for their own use.
We are looking for hands-on dynamic QA engineers, to test our Provisioning/Network Management products.
- Go through the feature development specs and write robust test cases/test plans to validate new features.
- Work with Dev team to get test plans reviewed and execute tests.
- Set up test environments, document results, and work with development team to reproduce and resolve bugs.
- Use existing tools (Jira, TestRail etc.) for bug tracking, test tracking etc.
- Takes ownership/responsibility for the product quality.
- Co-ordinate with Program Management, Developers and QA leads.
- Ability to independently work on projects with minimal supervision and report detailed status.
- Proactive and self-driven to go beyond their tasks, with a strong attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3+ years of experience on testing Client/Server applications that are Java/Web based.
- Strong knowledge of IP/Networking fundamentals to build and maintain test beds.
- 2+ years of experience with Web application testing and troubleshooting on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE. Experience testing Cloud based products a huge plus.
- Experience and knowledge in HTTPS/SSL/Certificate Management/Encryption.
- WebUI Automation experience using Selenium/Protractor.
- 2 years of experience in programming using Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with REST/Web Services / API testing (Postman, SoapUI or similar).
- Experience with command line on Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies (load, stress, acceptance, regression, localization, black box/white box, security, performance, usability, accessibility, smoke).
- Experience with Databases – Mainly MYSQL. To be able to write SQL queries a plus.
- Prior telecom experience a plus.
- Proven communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Willing to travel between San Diego and San Jose on a regular basis.
This position supports immigration sponsorship
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.