Tailored Brands, Inc.’s purpose is to help our customers love how they look. We accomplish this by providing a personal, convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. We help fulfill this mission by providing our employees with an engaging and inclusive workplace focused on teamwork, growth and respect.
Tailored Brands is taking eCommerce, mobile, and cross-channel customer experience to the next level. We are building customer-facing multichannel applications on web, mobile, and tablet platforms. If you want to work in an agile, collaborative environment and you are passionate about using technology to build an outstanding customer experience, we may have a position for you on our team. The QA Engineer is responsible for establishing and maintaining QA practices, writing test scenarios and executing tests, both manually and with automated tools. The QA Engineer will work with a small, collaborative team of seasoned QA engineers and business partners in the Marketing and eCommerce teams.
• Participate in the design and implementation process of new and existing products
• Lead medium to large enterprise projects from QA standpoint and provide technical leadership to other QA engineers
• Define and implement black-box, white box and automated testing suites for core technologies, products and web-based applications
• Develop and maintain test scripts
• Write and maintain test automation scripts where applicable
• Test data and perform business applications functional system, integration (end-to-end) tests for new and existing applications
• Participate in review and approval process of project deliverables
• Advise project teams on appropriate approaches to testing delivered products, including test tool sets
• Provide guidance to development and project teams on the creation of a master test plan and other testing related deliverables
• Assist project teams on identifying the needs for appropriate test environments and coordinate the establishment of appropriate test environments
• Oversee processes for identifying, tracking and reporting the results of test procedures
• Assist in populating and maintaining regression test databases
• Perform regression testing using existing scripts
• Find, track and prioritize bugs and work toward their resolution
• Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
• Participate in the testing of production emergency bug fixes
• Perform rotating on-call support duties and periodically participate in after-hours release testing
• Participate in release production validation
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize, execute tasks, and deliver results on time
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment
• Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications
• 5+ years of testing experience in e-commerce and back-end systems.
• Expertise in Web testing & Mobile Application Testing
• Extensive experience with SDLC and testing methodologies, including, Functional testing, Performance testing,E2E testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, Regression Testing and usability testing in different mobiles / tablets and web based applications.
• Expertise in Testing Life Cycle and Defect life Cycle.
• Experience in load / Stress testing using HP Load runner / Performance Center and have worked in agile environment.
• Have hands on experience in APM tools (For e.g. Appdynamics / Dynatrace / Wiley's Introscope,etc.)
• Should be able to arrive with load mix / usage pattern, performance test plan, define load test strategy
• Should be able to identify performance related bottle necks, analyze log files of Test, production environment.
• Good to have Database testing using SQL server/ Oracle commands.
• Experience writing XML, PL/SQL, Java, Shell and Perl, scripts to automate testing tasks
• Experience in Managing, analyzing, and Maintaining test cases.
• Ability to work in an onsite-offshore model.
• Good Experience in interactions with business team to understand the user stories / business cases.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering degree
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands
• Ability to work for prolonged periods of time while operating computer and telephone equipment.
• Ability to work at least 40 hours per week from the Company’s Fremont, CA Executive office.