This is a temporary assignment of 3-6 months.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / COMPETENCIES
1. Responsible for daily lab activities including GLP compliance, compliance with safety regulations, and maintenance of appropriate levels related to lab supplies and equipment.
2. Perform chemical testing and chemical synthesis.
3. Write and participate in validation protocols and reports.
4. Draft MSOPs, QSOPs, QCSOPs, and ESOPs.
5. Develop and validate test methods and parameters for new materials in development to ensure consistency of results.
6. Assist in the preparation of samples of new materials in development which are to be used in production; oversee small-scale production of such materials.
7. Assist in development of new and improved chemical processes, as needed.
8. Test incoming and in-process materials, including refractometer, FTIR and UV-Vis spectrophotometer analysis, as well as additional assigned tasks.
9. Assist Manufacturing personnel when necessary regarding technical issues related to Collamer manufacture.
10. Publish summary reports, monthly progress updates and technical updates as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field is required or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience as a chemist is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to implement, GLP.
• Demonstrated understanding of polymer chemistry and organic chemistry.
• Ability to perform statistical analysis and plot graphs is desirable.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize to meet deadlines for specific projects.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
STAAR Surgical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.