Our QC Inspectors perform routine testing on incoming materials, in process and finished products and document all findings. This includes testing in production areas, packaging rooms and shipping and receiving areas. They are responsible approving or rejecting product in non-conformance. A critical function in the role is to report food safety and quality problems to Plant Management and SQFP to initiate action.
- Measure and record the temperature of product at different stages of production
- Perform Brix (refractometer) analysis
- Perform pH analysis (pH meter)
- Perform organoleptical testing for colors and flavors
- Obtain samples of starch, product after curing, and bulk retains for laboratory analysis
- Performs calibration of pH meter and refractometer
- Gather samples for retain and Microbiology
- Perform visual, sponge swab, and ATP testing after equipment is cleaned and sanitized.
- Document all results in the computer
- Maintain QC station and carts:
- Cleanliness, stocked with supplies such as functioning equipment, cups, and paper towels
- Release bulk within specification; reject with disposition any product out of specification
- Perform metal detector test to assure its proper function
- Record temperature and relative humidity of the packaging room
- Weigh pouch samples for all machines and document in the computer
- Verify that all codes and expiration dates are correct. Verify that all pouches and cases coincide with each other and product packaged
- Verify Empty Pouch Reject System
- Reject any product out of specification
- Approve or reject reworked items
- Reinforce that GMP’s and SQF practices are being followed by the workforce
- Other responsibilities as requested
- High School Diploma or GED is required, Associate’s Degree in science discipline preferred.
- Basic math and general knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- At least 1 year experience as a QC Inspector in a manufacturing setting.
- General knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, SQF and ERP systems preferred.
- High degree of accuracy in performing analysis and recording data.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred