Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for QCS Field Service Engineer positions with a global leader in power and automation technologies. Our client’s main focus of the Industrial Automation division is to provide customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. Industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. The company operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
As a QCS Field Service Engineer, you will help to improve productivity, minimize cost, and extend the useful life of products and systems. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working independently or as part of a team based on customer and contract requirements.
- Delivering contracted and demand services, providing sales support, and seeking opportunities for revenue growth.
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance on scanners and sensors, troubleshooting process control problems, performing product quality data analysis, and providing operator training on the QCS Systems.
- Developing service engineering skills and customer satisfaction skills associated with the Pulp and Paper Industry.
- Developing a good working knowledge of the company 1190 QCS and 800xA QCS systems, company’s flagship quality control solutions.
- Developing exceptional troubleshooting skills to solve most problems associated with the papermaking process.
- Providing basic maintenance support services and developing advanced process and application abilities.
Location: Conyers, GA
Salary: $55K-$60K+ Depending on Experience, paid overtime, annual bonus, laptop, and cell phone.
Travel Requirements: You are mainly servicing one assigned client.
Benefits: Our client offers Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401K with 100% match on first 3%, Retirement Savings Plan Annual Employee Contribution (formally Pension Plan), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid vacation, and much more. The company Total Health Program is a core benefit offering a variety of programs to enhance your health and well-being. It includes a 24-hour NurseLine service; ActiveHealth Management, a program for those diagnosed with certain chronic conditions; wellness programs, such as Quit for Life™, a quit tobacco program, an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), and lifestyle health coaching programs available to all employees.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be technically oriented with analytical and customer service skills. Experience with Electrical Installation, Electronics, Instrumentation, Service and Maintenance, Installation, and Commissioning all factor into being successful in this position.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be team-oriented; must be able to work as part of a small site team with high expectations from the customer and company management.
- Must have a professional attitude.
- Must be able to Lift 80 lbs and work/crawl around equipment as needed.