Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Quality Assurance Analyst:
This position is responsible for planning, and executing the Quality Assurance testing of software application releases. The Quality Assurance Analyst assists in the development and documentation of testing strategies, test cases, and test plans. The QA Analyst also performs Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Integration Testing (SIT), End-to-End Testing (E2E), and /or Regression Testing, and records test results for each test case and release per approved plans.Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures
- Assists the Manager in test planning and execution tasks
- Coordinates with Business Analysts and IT Technical Delivery Leads to complete testing specifications and release requirements
- Prepares testing estimates for project and non-project releases
- Prepares test strategies for each application release
- Assist in the creation of Test Plans including UAT, SIT, E2E, and Regression
- Coordinate with IT Technical Delivery Leads on project test planning and test execution schedule
- Coordinate with Business testers and IT Technical Delivery Leads to schedule and execute UAT testing
- Design, develop and execute test strategies/plans; debug and troubleshoot; collaborate with test resources on proper and testing procedures,
- PerformQA status reporting to the Manager of Business Analysis & Quality Assurance
- Assist in the coordinate of defect tracking, defect triage activities, and issue resolution for all assigned projects.
- Ensure that all system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved prior to any production releases
- Support all quality initiatives that are implemented during each phase of the system development life cycle
- Initiate risk management and escalation when necessary
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field is required
- Two to four years testing distributed and web applications
- Two to four years test case creation
- Two to four years development of test programs and scripts
- Two to four years working under SDLC methodologies such as Agile, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
- Two to three years using formal testing tools
- Health Care experience preferred
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira, QC, etc.)
- Demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and quickly adapt to changing requirements
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefitsinclude a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching thatis above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Companyby Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER