Job Description: We are looking for an experienced full-time, permanent Quality Assurance Analyst to join our application development team. Our growing software development company needs talented people who possess strong deductive reasoning skills, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. Prior experience in the software industry strongly preferred.
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate will be dedicated to developing routine tests, and coordinating the testing effort. This position will work with Developers and Product Managers to develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance testing procedures.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Handling complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues.
- The creation, preparation, development, and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Logging, tracking, and verifying resolution of software defects.
- Managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines amid shifting priorities, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Leveraging expert level knowledge and understanding of test plan, test scripts, test procedures, and expected results to contribute to the successful testing of software products.
- Understanding and solving complex testing issues through a demonstrated ability to communicate with the development team and technology partners / leaders.
- BA/BS in Computer Sciences/Engineering or associated discipline and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in scripting or programming, or the equivalent experience.
- Have excellent analytical skills with a high level in QA practice creating/maintaining test plans, scripts, executing scripts, and reporting defects.
- Be self-motivating and a quick learner who can adapt to constantly changing requirements and project demands efficiently and effectively.
- Be able to lead analytical thought groups to clarify requirements and understand design, with a focus on desired outcome.
- Be able to engage with the Development Team on a regular basis.
- Understand databases (SQL Preferred) and have the ability to write queries.
- Must be a sharp thinker and creative in thought enough to be able to work in an dynamic Agile development environment.
- Must have a strong eye for detail and be able to deliver results under pressure.
- Be well-versed in all testing methodologies (white vs. black box test work, system vs. functional) and software process methodologies.
- Have a solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of C# and experience with test complete or other automated testing tool sets strongly preferred.
About the Company
Thatcher Technology Group is a Direct Selling industry innovator offering a full suite of software, services, and support with a commitment to ongoing development of solutions for the direct selling industry. Thatcher Technology’s vision is to bring innovative solutions to the direct selling industry which will enable both our customers and their field to live more enriched lives. Thatcher Technology’s premier product is the Prowess™ Software Solutions Suite, a powerful, scalable genealogy, compensation and incentive management software system developed for direct selling organizations. Prowess™ is specifically designed for companies who have widely dispersed and dynamic sales organizations.
Sponsorship for work visas is not available for this role. All applicants applying for this position must be authorized to work in the United States.
Local Candidates Only.