Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, the primary objective of this position is to provide software quality assurance support for all of the company’s products. This position requires manual and automation testing and will be primarily responsible for creating and executing QA test plans and test cases. This position requires the person to be familiar with the complete SDLC and have knowledge of test processes, planning and reporting. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required to create supporting documentation, including test plans, use cases, bug and status reports as well as interface with customers on major projects. This position requires having a proven track record of delivering quality projects within very tight deadlines.
- Plan, design and develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans identifying test requirements from the specifications
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and test data ensuring thorough coverage and traceability to business and functional requirements
- Execute and evaluate test cases and report test results
- Provide feedback on functional and technical designs and specifications
- Identify and analyze software quality risks
- Review test artifacts to ensure completeness and to uncover errors
- Focus on potential quality issues and prioritize testing efforts to identify high quality bugs at the earliest possible instance
- Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Create automated test scripts
- Manage projects within scope of responsibility
- Work in a team environment or work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist in the growth of the QA department including Quality Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to QA process and communicate key issues to project stakeholders
- Experience with XML/XSL, DTD, XML Schemas, Web Services, SOAP, HTML
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in testing medium to large size projects, working on two or more projects from requirements inception to product release
- 1 – 2 years of development experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years of experience in test automation
- Experience analyzing requirements, developing test plans and test cases translating from requirements and preparing test data
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle preferred) and ability to write SQL statements
- Experience with functional, stress and regression testing including database validations
- Experience with testing web-based applications developed in .NET framework
- Experience testing variety of applications on the Windows Platform, Client/Server, Back end testing
- An understanding of quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to handle multiple concurrent projects with limited oversight
- Establish good rapport and work closely with development teams to coordinate testing activity, provide accurate/detailed defect reports and prioritize issues
- Experience using Version control systems such as SVN, CVS, etc
- Experience using Bug tracking systems like Jira, BugZilla, etc
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Mortgage and financial background is an added plus
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp. Please note that submissions received from sources other than this email will not be considered.
Veros is an equal opportunity employer.