The Quality Assurance Clerk processes store and customer returned apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, and jewelry product by receiving, laundering, inspecting, ticketing and folding/repackaging product to return 1st quality product to available inventory. In addition, this individual carries out various special projects as needed in support of the business needs and objectives to facilitate timely flow of product to available inventory for all David’s Bridal sales channels.
Principal Functions and Responsibilities of This Job:
• Receives cartons from UPS or FedEx, sort cartons by group, stack cartons on pallets and maintain carton counts. Removes trash from area and places in the trash compactor.
• Receives merchandise returned from the stores by opening cartons, removing product from the cartons, processing the product received in the POS system.
• Thoroughly inspects product for stains and damage.
• Launders dresses by spot cleaning and/or machine washing dresses, hanging washed dresses on trolleys, pushing wet dresses on trolleys into the drying room and maintaining a clean and organized work space.
• Follows David’s Bridal quality inspection criteria to identify and sort 1st quality dresses for return to stock or imperfect dresses for the “As Is” program or MOS.
• Prepares dresses for return to active inventory by inspecting, identifying necessary repairs, ticketing, folding and repackaging dresses.
• Maintains inventory by creating transfers in the POS systems and by using a RF scanner.
• Contributes to the team effort as a cross-functional team member by completing various tasks in support of the business needs and objectives within the Return Processing and DC Special Projects Department, Warehouse Departments and Quality Control Department and Conshohocken DC as needed. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: sorting cartons and product from store returns, re-ticketing, repackaging, sorting and inspection of bridal and colored dresses. Inspection of new product for QC Order inspection, etc.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by maintaining workstations neat and clean; complying with safety procedures, rules and wearing PPE such as harness when driving a forklift, hard hats, gloves, back belts, etc.
• Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for This Job:
• General distribution center/warehouse knowledge a plus
• Experience with RF Scanners a plus
• Proven record of excellent attendance and punctuality to work a must
• Ability to assess product as 1st quality using set criteria and range of tolerances.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for This Job (continued):
• Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to read a ruler, take a measurement with accuracy and determine if the measurement falls within the range of tolerance.
• Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Possesses strong sense of urgency (makes it happen); Maintains highly accurate record keeping.
• Flexibility to adapt to change and willingness to learn the different tasks within the distribution center
• Meets productivity standards set by the department.
• Interacts with others in a respectful manner that fosters a culture of teamwork.
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required for This Job:
• High school or GED preferred
• Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone or similar device with or without assistive technology.
• Ability to balance, bend, kneel, squat, and reach
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to move throughout the distribution center
• Ability to perform sedentary work
• Ability to effectively and consistently see color to discern hue and shade variations
• Ability to see small details close up
• The distribution centers are not temperature controlled. Able to work in a hot environment in the summer time and cold environment in the winter time.
• External candidates fax resumes to (610) 943-2553 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
Internal candidates must complete an application and submit to DC-HR for consideration.
• Wages $11.50/hour. Fulltime position.
• Plus bi-weekly bonus eligible after 90-days of employment
• Professional Environment
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance the first of the month after hire date
• A 401K savings retirement plan as of date of hire
• Paid day off the first of the month after hire date
• Paid holidays as of date of hire
• Generous employee discount after 1st pay period
* WE CONDUCT PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK *