About the Company
Performance Controls, Inc. (PCI) AccSys Division is an integrated design and manufacturing company specializing in the development, production, installation and servicing of ion linear accelerator (LINAC) systems using the radiofrequency quadrupole (RFQ) LINAC and drift-tube LINAC (DTL). Our mission is to build on our history of product excellence and technology innovation to provide the highest-quality and most reliable products and services to our world-wide customers in medicine, industry and research. To learn more about us, our products, and our applications, please visit our website: www.accsys.com
We are a growing company driven by challenging applications, world class engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. We are looking for quality people who want to make a difference.
Performance Controls, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
This position performs Quality Control inspections in an electro-mechanical production environment. Inspections are conducted on PC board assemblies, sheet metal housing, wire/cable assemblies, formed metal brackets, and mechanical assemblies. This position establishes processes and testing techniques and develops written procedures. It also evaluates and rectifies material related deficiencies and aids in the administration of an ISO 9001 registered Quality system.
· Perform detailed inspections on material and assemblies at the incoming and in-process levels.
· Establish acceptable quality level of inspection requirements.
· Aid in the process of qualifying new materials or suppliers.
· Expedite the inspection and receipt of incoming material and assemblies
· Identify improvements with current processes and inspection techniques.
· Assist with continual improvement efforts as needed.
Identify, resolve, and report on non-conforming specifications
· Identify non-conforming specifications and report findings.
· Interface with production and engineering departments to remedy non- conforming material issues or verify part specifications.
· Report on non-conforming material issues with outside suppliers.
· Reduce cycle time for resolution of non-conforming material.
· Perform mechanical testing of manufactured products such as wire/cable pull testing and torques verification.
Establish or update written procedures
· Establish or update written procedures related to Quality first article inspections processes.
· Experience in an Electro-Mechanical Assembly operation.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in Quality Control.
· Advanced level of understanding of quality inspection and control methods.
· High understanding of electronic components (resistors, capacitors, diodes).
· Ability to use precision measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, DVM).
· Ability to read and understand engineering documents (i.e. build to print BOM engineering drawings).
· Working knowledge of IPC 610 and related specifications (IPC-620 preferred).
· Knowledge of SPC and Quality metrics preferred.
· Knowledge of RoHS Directive and REACH a plus.
· Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment and interface with other departments.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
· General knowledge of ISO 9001 standards.
· Average typing skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Web search literate.
· Accurate and detailed oriented.
· Proficient with setting daily priorities.
· Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
· Willingness to learn new tasks/cross training.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision (self-motivated, task oriented)
· Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
· High School Diploma or equivalency.
· Associates degree in electronics or technical school in electronics is preferred.
· IPC Certifications or other Quality inspection certification is a plus