The Quality Assurance Manager will report directly to the Vice President & General Manager.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- The QA Manager (QAM) is responsible for all aspects of the quality system and must ensure compliance with a variety of regulations and systems to include, but not limited to the Code of Federal Regulations, AS9100, CASE and EASA. QAMwill communicate the need for any changes in policies or procedures to the Vice President & General Manager and will make those changes once approved.
- The QAM will participate in regularly scheduled management meetings and may delegate tasks to other direct reports.However, the delegation of a taskdoes not relieve the QAMof the overall responsibilityin maintaining the integrity of the quality system.
- The QAM will be responsible for the management of the inspection team to include the quality administrative staff.
- The QAMis responsible for maintaining all quality system elements such as:
- Calibration. Making sure all equipment used for testing purposes meets the minimum requirements as stated in the appropriate repair and/or overhaul manual and maintain the calibration of all required equipment.
- Oversee the Tech Pubs library and keep it in good standing.
- Maintain all required rosters and approve/add inspectors to the organization’s roster when appropriate as well as interface with maintenance and NPD personnelwhen to ensure work performed is to customer and company standards.
- Oversight of QC personnel involved with in-process and final inspections. They shall ensure that receiving and final inspections performed are in accordance with all regulatory, Company and customer requirements. Maintain warranty metrics and oversee all root cause and corrective action plans.
- Provide customer support forquality issues that may require customer interface, root cause analysis, corrective action and any coordination with regulatory entities.
- Maintain the repair station manual and quality systems manuals as well as all company specifications and procedures related to quality.
- Handle all customer, FAA and internal audits.
- Have an A&P or Repairman Certificate to sign return to service tags
- Keep management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and corrective actions. Maintain the quality tracking system to achieve positive trends in quality through continuous improvement of systems and procedures. Lead the quality organization and drive the quality culture.
- Oversee all aspects of the FAA approved training program and maintain training records.
The individual shall perform any other task as deemed necessary by the Vice President & General Manager for the wellbeing of the organization.
- Previous experience in quality management at an FAA certified Repair Station
- Knowledgeable of FAA and EASA regulations as well as AS9100.
- Ability to read and interpret Technical Data, Blue Prints, and Documents.
- Ability to manage a team to ensure quality objective are meet.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize as necessary
- Highly responsive to internal and external customer requirements, with a high attention for detail,
- Aggressive “can-do” attitude and passion to succeed
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, vendors and customers