Pay Schedule: Hourly
Days: Monday - Thursday occasional Fridays
Hours: 5:00am-3:30 pm, Overtime as needed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operate testing equipment- Burst Test, Peel Test/Tensile test, Leak test, Lab Oven, Manual and automated sealing machines.
- Monitor & maintain quality of goods produced in all departments. dept.; inspect all product for defects/damage and perform all procedures required by quality assurance.
- Assist with scheduling sample making and rework- perform rework/sample duties as needed
- Work with production to ensure they are following all quality procedures and FSSC 22000 requirements
- Complete line inspections, finished goods audits
- Make decisions on quality defects or obtain the answers as needed from management
- Complete notes and documentation to ensure full communication of issues
- Ability to communicate in person as well as electronically if required
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to stay focused under pressure
- Reports to Quality Assurance Lead and Manager
- Communicate issues with Set up crews and Production manager
- Ability to give direction and follow through
- Communicate production related issues to Department Supervisor.
- Direct and communicate with support personnel (shipping, quality, management.) as needed.
- Fill in when necessary & perform other functions within the department & plant as needed.
- Be dependable, on time to work and available to work consistently, regular and overtime hours.
- Adhere to all Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Maintain acceptable level of productivity and meet all established standards of conduct and work performance.
Additional job functions may be added as necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Quality Control Area
- Sort rework or hold product
- Complete HFI (Hold for Inspection) tags as needed and inform quality control of hold for inspection product to include providing samples to quality, complete all other documentation as required
- Participate in training meetings and feedback for improvements, provide assistance in
monitoring new employee’s quality performance
Other requirements of this job include:
- Meticulous attention to safety requirements.
- Attention to matters of cleanliness, neatness and organization, including seeing that the department is in the best possible condition at all times.
- Flexibility, specifically the ability to do whatever is necessary within the department to ensure its efficient operation.
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
Ability to read and write English
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculate percentages.
Ability to use a computer to enter data
Ability to complete Testing records and complete any required forms
Ability to use a ruler or a tape measure