UTC|RAS is a quickly growing railroad industry manufacturer and parts assembly shop. This job opening is for our Morton, PA facility location. We are a leader in assembling wheel sets, gearboxes, and vehicle frames.
Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for inbound inspections on any and all incoming materials as well as Final Inspections on wheel sets, gearboxes, and truck frame assemblies. Other job duties as assigned. Reports directly to the Quality Assurance Department Supervisor.
- Perform Inbound Inspections on all incoming materials received at UTCRAS (such as Brake Discs, Journal Housings, Truck Frames, Wheel Sets, Gearboxes, Bearings, various Hardware, etc.) by inspecting against customer specifications and drawings when available.
- Perform Final Inspections on all outgoing products and assemblies shipping out of UTCRAS (such as Wheel Set assemblies, Gearbox assemblies, and Truck Frame assemblies). Other Final Inspections as needed.
- Maintain accurate and functional quality records according to AAR Rules and Regulations.
- Cross-train within the Quality Assurance Department to increase organizational flexibility.
- Provide feedback on how to improve existing processes within the QA Department.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Report directly to the Quality Assurance Department Supervisor.
- Associate’s Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
- Experience working with measurement tools such as calipers and micrometers is desired.
- Experience working within a Quality Assurance role is preferred. Equivalent hands on experience working within a heavy manufacturing, part assembly, or similar industry will be considered.
- Prior work experience within the Rail Industry is desired.
- Relevant education may be considered in lieu of meeting the work experience desired.
- Proven ability to communicate within a team is required.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed is required.