Job ID: []
ICON Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Manager
Nonexempt - Union
QC - Auburn / Union
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for testing samples of aggregate, concrete and asphalt to determine suitability for use in various construction projects. This position requires traveling to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment. Keeps work area clean and hazard free. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment – eye protection, hearing protection, hardhat, safety vest, and respirator where required. Recognizes and corrects unsafe work practices and hazardous conditions or reports such conditions to appropriate personnel. Is aware of locations of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and refers to them when necessary.
- Performs sand and gravel gradation tests on all materials produced at the pit on a minimum of 15 samples per day.
- Performs asphalt extraction/gradation testing using an incinerator oven on 2 to 8 samples per day.
- Performs moisture testing of aggregates as needed for asphalt production.
- Performs sieve analysis testing of pit materials and reports results to Crusher Superintendent or Operator.
- Accurately records all test results on proper forms.
- Maintains internal and external customer relations.
- Performs general clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned.
- Performs other job related responsibilities and special projects as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. High school chemistry coursework helpful. Basic math skills required.
- One to three months experience in a similar position preferred, but not required.
- Ability to accurately and timely collect and prepare samples. Ability to operate laboratory equipment. Ability to operate manlift for access to materials for sampling. Ability to work at heights up to 25 feet. Must be alert and aware of the surrounding area while collecting samples. Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Skills needed include time management, organization and communication skills.
- Work requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 137859
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
ICON Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.