When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Responsible for first piece and in-process inspection
- Responsible for recording and documenting all inspection results
- Responsible for dimensional and visual inspections
- Trains employees in work procedures and quality requirements
- Responsible for verifying samples and monitoring quality of product
- Responsible for bar code verification
- Responsible for cleanroom air pressure log sheet
- Reviews and verifies preventative maintenance book
- Reviews and verifies daily, weekly, and semi-annual cleaning chart
- Responsible for random inspections
- Responsible for writing MNCs
- Responsible for final product inspection
- Verifies shipping labels
- Ensure that operations personnel adhere to standard operating procedures and follow Batch Record instructions
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 0-2 manufacturing experience
- Quality Control experience preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Good problem solving skills required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, controlled cleanroom environment 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required for production schedule adherence:
- The clean-room is controlled environment for temperature and humidity having low ambient noise.
- Specific gowning is required including: gloves, hair & beard net, face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry
- Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.