Job ID: 139533
Conrad Yelvington Distributors, Inc. supplies and distributes aggregate materials such as granite, river gravel, limestone, natural sand, and more. This rail served aggregate distribution network covers Florida, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama.
POSITION TITLE: Laboratory Quality Control Technician
REPORTS TO: QC Manager
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager is responsible for testing and reporting the quality of aggregate received and
distributed to meet the standards set forth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBITIES:
1) Responsible for all testing in the Quality Control Laboratory.
2) Maintains sample log to ensure all testing required happens in a timely fashion and meets required turnaround times.
3) Become certified in ACI Aggregate Testing Technician Level I certified within 6 months of employment.
4) Conduct field and raw material tests in accordance to ASTM, FDOT and AASHTO procedures. Must have a working
knowledge of Florida Methods (FM), AASHTO, and ASTM testing.
5) Supervises repair and maintenance on lab equipment.
6) Conducts in house calibrations of equipment as needed.
7) Perform all duties in a safe manner and report ant safety concerns or violations to the QC Manager and/or the Company
8) Responsible for maintaining the requirements of the current “Construction Materials Engineering Council” Laboratory
9) Responsible for maintaining the QMS (Quality Management System).
10) Responsible for ensuring all housekeeping and cleanliness of the lab is maintained.
11) Additional duties may be required as deemed by the Daytona QC Manager.
This position receives authority from the Daytona lab QC manager and/or the Director of Quality Control.
Internal: Director of Quality Control
External: FDOT Inspectors
1) Skills and experience in mathematics
2) Computer Skills (Stonemont Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
3) High School Diploma or GED
4) Working knowledge of statistical analysis
5) ACI Aggregate Level I certification (to be obtained within 6 months).
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.