Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for performing quality inspection functions including receiving/incoming inspection, in-process and final inspection; Performs various tests on products, checks density, viscosity, particle size, assay and trace elements, ion chromatography, HPLC and pH. The individual will perform calibration tests on all lab equipment; Records and inputs data results. Prints reports, generates data, and graphs for tests performed. Interfaces with all internal departments, suppliers and customers on technical issues and ISO related functions.May support ISO 9001 and other quality initiatives through audits/other activities.
- Competitive Pay and achievement bonuses
- Full Benefits Package (Dental, Vision, Medical, Life, & 401k)
- 80 Hours Paid Vacation (Increases with service)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Sick Pay
- Education Assistance
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Performs chemical evaluation of final product, intermediate products, and raw materials.
• Ability to work in a lab and clean room environment.
• Calibrates and maintains standard and specialized lab equipment.
• Create new, and update established standard operating procedures for lab processes and equipment.
• Record, analyze and present data using various tools such as Jmp, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• May handle and manage hazardous waste, and regulated chemical products
• Must understand environmental, governmental and worksite rules and regulations and keep facility in compliance.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Chemistry, Biology, or other physical science required.
Experience: Three years related experience working in an industrial lab environment.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft products, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Some experience with databases preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
ASQ certification is a plus
Experience using a mass spectrometer preferred. Knowledge of analytical quality control tools such as SPC a plus. Must complete Handling Hazardous Waste Training.