RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Quality Engineer (Mid-Level) in San Diego, California (CA).
The ideal candidate for this position should have some experience of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. Our work is very data dependent, and knowledge of data analytics, data extraction and transformation testing would be beneficial. This candidate will provide quality and technical support to project team members and rely on experience and judgment with guidance to plan and accomplish goals.
A good candidate should feel comfortable working under some general direction of more experienced members of the team, but to also accomplish tasks by using a certain degree of creativity and resourcefulness. The right candidate should be an excellent communicator, strong team player and be able to provide some technical direction to less experienced team members.
The role will involve the creation and execution of functional verification tests, system integration tests, regression tests, and API tests. This position will view logs and run the debugger to isolate application issues to verify and reproduce defects.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a fast-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate's ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
- Bachelor's degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- 2+ years of experience of recent QA Engineering Experience
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Experience with white-box, black-box, web-service integration and server back-end testing
- UNIX/LINUX experience
- Experience in the use of UNIX command line tools, editors, and shell scripting
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Ability to identify trends and deficiencies in data sets to enhance the test coverage
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.