About the Company:
Performance Controls, Inc. (PCI) AccSys Division is an integrated design and manufacturing company specializing in the development, production, installation and servicing of ion linear accelerator (LINAC) systems using the radiofrequency quadrupole (RFQ) LINAC and drift-tube LINAC (DTL). Our mission is to build on our history of product excellence and technology innovation to provide the highest-quality and most reliable products and services to our world-wide customers in medicine, industry and research. To learn more about us, our products, and our applications, please visit our website: www.accsys.com
We are a growing company driven by challenging applications, world class engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. We are looking for quality people who want to make a difference.
Performance Controls Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Quality Engineer plans and directs activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials and products. This position develops data analysis methods to provide key statistical information supporting continuous improvement efforts. This role utilizes knowledge in electrical, mechanical, and reliability engineering fields.
1: Responsible for Quality System Maintenance
Help to assist the Management Representative for managing the Quality Management System, known as QMS.
Creating, writing and editing documentation for the QMS.
Derives root cause analysis and implements corrective actions and verifies effectiveness
Will analyze internal failures, faults and/or field event data to determine timely product recall or warranty performance upgrades.
2: Quality Control Support Responsibilities
Supports the quality inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with relevant requirements of the QMS
Will be the single point of interface to design engineering when such support is needed.
Responsible for continual improvement activity and build quality inspection skills.
Develop focused quality inspection training to build quality standards awareness
Continuously improving quality inspection process, procedures and capabilities related to both personnel & equipment needs
Establishes Statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error
Establishes statistical reliability using mean time between failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests
Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data – makes recommendations
Manages factory acceptance tests before shipping and site acceptance tests
3: Supplier’s Support Responsibilities
Ensure timely resolution to supplier defects, corrective and preventative actions
Manage suppliers’ performance and establish scheduled, routine reporting and assessment to qualify, and remove suppliers based on performance criteria
Will develop unique quality standards or inspection requirements specific to individual quality requirements dictated by the customers’ quality management system
4: Manufacturing Design/Engineer Support
Interface with engineering and operations to ensure transfer to production of new products are aligned with engineering performance data, customer requirement and internal quality standards
Analyze failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer failures & events
5: Other Duties and Responsibilities
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, and maintaining certifications.
Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related department goals and projects and delivering related results as needed
Will specialize in quality control engineering, including incoming material, process control, inventory control, metrology, automated testing, product reliability, revision & rework control, and research and development - particularly with design for manufacturability and quality practices
Monitors effectiveness of test processes to increase/decrease testing based data analysis
Has ultimate decision making responsibility on incoming, in-process, and outgoing material and products. Consults with design engineers as appropriate
Decides on the need for deviation and/or waiver requests. Initiates and drives those processes.
Other responsibilities as they become apparent or assigned by Quality Manager
· Minimum of 5 years experience performing in electronics - electro-mechanical or related industrial manufacturing environment.
· Performing and reporting with associated accountability as a Quality Engineer supporting quality control and quality assurance initiatives
· Highly organized and proficient in prioritizing diversified responsibilities and accountabilities.
· Excellent data summarizing and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills across all departments and all levels of the company
· Excellent writing and report generating skills.
· Technically inclined with a strong electro-mechanical understanding
· Knowledgeable of standard and advanced inspection methods, tooling and equipment.
· Understands principles and procedures used in quality assurance measures.
· Ability to conduct investigations of non-conformance in materials and of processes.
· Sound knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance measurement.
· Sound knowledge of failure mode effects analysis – implement corrective action & verification.
· Ability to communicate effectively & explain technical processes in everyday language.
· Promotes process improvement, standards development, and supports innovation.
· Strong mathematical skills & effective use of analyzed data to support quality improvements.
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to manage time effectively for project completion.
· Ability to utilize effective supplier communication and collaborating to resolve non-conformance issues.
· Demonstrated statistical and data analysis skills (trending, curve fitting, confidence intervals, threshold settings).
· Demonstrated proficiency of software tools supporting quality and reliability analysis
· Ability to use a computer for analysis, report generation, communication, data entry, etc.
· Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) in term of both Quality Control philosophy and practical experience.
· Knowledge of RoHS Directive a plus
· Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical discipline - preferably Electrical Engineering degree.
· An ASQ certification in one or more of the quality disciplines preferred.
· Formal or professional training in reliability engineering is a plus.