Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader with approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 8,000 employees The company’s highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.
The Role Reporting to the Quality Engineering Manager, as Quality Engineering Supervisor, you will be charged with planning, coordinating and directing the quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards.
Historically speaking, we've been more of a quality assurance/quality inspection organization, and we are looking to move towards a quality engineering function that is more proactive in nature. We will look to you to help us evolve and grow this function and set-up and create metrics for data systems related to quality. You'll use your strong change management and influencing skills to gain buy-in from your team of direct reports and then begin to make changes.
More specifically, your principle duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Plan and oversee the analysis, inspection, design, test and/or integration assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Review all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Play an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Design and implement quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Directly supervises 5 to 10 employees in the Quality Department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and performing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
The Requirements To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Engineering or Technical degree preferred), and a minimum of three years of related quality engineering experience and/or training in a heavy manufacturing / oil & gas (midstream, distribution, pipeline, tank farms, etc.) environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on supervisory experience and demonstrated experience maintaining API Q1 and ISO 9001 systems.
- Strong leadership skills and experience with employee development.
- The ability to implement change initiatives and develop quality improvement programs.
- The ability to set-up data systems and metrics.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios.
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment.
- A collaborative and proactive approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate and develop positive relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of SAP; Spreadsheet software (Excel) and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Strong advanced facilitation skills and the ability to understand and influence group dynamics.
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.