Edmund Optics is seeking a Quality Inspector. He/she will be able to inspect all incoming product, utilizing the tools/equipment in the QA lab. Through specific job training, the inspector shall perform their job within authorized EO inspection procedures.
· Perform fundamental inspections, including:
o Surface inspection of reflective and transmissive coatings as well as uncoated surfaces
o Perform dimensional inspection of glass and metal products.
o Inspections that require use of lab equipment such as the interferometer, spectrophotometer, Optikos, etc.
· Read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
· Document inspection data accurately on required forms
· Perform basic calibrations of Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment
· Participate in continuous improvement projects
· Participate in 5S/Lab Maintenance activities as assigned
· Timeliness and regular attendance are required
· Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to read and understand optical & mechanical drawings
· Optical Handling Certification (within a reasonable time from start date)
· Work overtime as required
· Thorough understanding of the seriousness of accurate, honest, Quality Records
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
High school diploma
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work performed in warehouse environment.
About the Company
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.