Miller Brother Staffing Solutions in Lancaster, PA has the immediate need of an experienced Quality Inspector for 1st shift.
Pay Rate - $15-$18/hour based on experience
1st Shift- 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
**Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends as required. Seeking candidates that are flexible**
The Quality Inspector is part of a team responsible for ensuring products meet their required standards and are manufactured to drawing specifications. The Quality Inspector will report to the Quality Manager.
- Responsible for raw material, WIP and finished product inspections and traceability
- Measures parts with the use of gages and metrology tools
- Ensure gages are timely calibrated and appropriate calibration records are kept
- Ability to interpret blueprints and specifications
- Document and summarize inspection results by recording in databases and reports
- Quarantines non-conforming material and works with engineering and procurement to disposition
- Ability to conduct welding pre-inspections
- Assist in training co-workers, both fulltime and temporary resources, on inspection processes
Education and Qualifications
- 1 - 3 years of practical inspection experience
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs ( i.e. Microsoft Office, CAD, Epicor)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate with teams
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrication processes (i.e. assembly, welding, material handling)
- Ability to troubleshoot using basic problem-solving techniques
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work space
- Comfortable working in a shop floor environment
- Ability to work outside of regular work schedule as needed
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a standing position for the entire shift; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be proficient in reading technical manuals and instructions in English
- Good communication skills and judgment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to work overtime when required
Interested or qualified candidates should submit a resume and/or contact information for consideration.